NIGERIA 2020: THE YEAR OF THE NURSE AND MIDWIFE
Nigerian Nurses Charitable Association UK will begin it's series of activities to Flag off the Global Celebration for the Year 2020 :Year of the Nurse and Midwife from January 27th in major State capitals starting from Abuja and Lagos. Please circulate to colleagues who re available to attend. What better time than now to support our colleagues back home with advocacy visits to sensitive all major stakeholders. Great Nurses! Caring Midwives! The Noblest Profession.
Delegate Registration form
Theme: A Celebration of Good Practice and Meeting Challenges
AIM: The initiative-Nigeria 2020:
The Year of the Nurse and Midwife as driven by
NNCA UK is to engage all relevant agencies of government including Nigerians in Diaspora
Commission (NiDCOM) in advancing the professional growth and autonomy of the Nigerian
nurse and midwife akin to international standards. This will also translate into enhanced and
improved healthcare delivery with the aim of minimizing (if not totally eliminating) medical
tourism for the elites in Nigeria.
- Federal Ministry of Health.
- Nigerians in Diaspora Commission
- Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
- Senate Committee on Diaspora.
- Senate Committee on Health.
- House Committee on Diaspora.
- House Committee on Health.
- Lead Nurse Africa.
- National Association of Nigerian Nurses and Midwives.
- March Health Care Initiative & Spina Bifida & Hydrocephalus Care Foundation
- Nurses Across the Borders Humanitarian Initiative
- Association of Private Nurses Practitioners in Nigeria
- Nigerian Association of Nurses and Midwives in Ireland (NANMI).
- International Association of Psychiatric Nurses (IAPYN).
- Nigerian Nurses and Midwives in South Africa.
- Association of Nigerian Nurses in Switzerland.
- Nigerian Association of Nurses and Midwives in Saudi Arabia
- Nigerian Nurses and Midwives in Kuwait
- Nigerian Nurses Association, Omar
- United Arab Emirates Association of Nigerian Nurses and Midwives
- Australian Nigerian Nurses Association-ANNA
- Nigerian Nurses and Midwives in Austria
- Canadian Nigerian Nurses Association
- Still counting….
- Flag off Campaign and Inauguration of LOC
- Capacity Building Program for Nurse and Midwifery Leaders at the University of Abuja Teaching Hospital
- NAdvocacy visits
- Intensive Career Program Development.
- Launching of Students Exchange Program.
- Best Practice Experience Sharing from Participating Countries.
- Essay Competition.
- Community Free Nursing services
- Gala and Award Night featuring cultural display and recognition of
Nurses/Midwives past and present for their contribution to Nursing
Sponsors: Lagos State Government